Once you connect your online store to Facebook by Meta, you can manage your products on Facebook: create names and descriptions that appear specifically on Facebook, list your products on Facebook shop, hide particular products from the Facebook catalog, and appeal for rejected products.
You can create a unique name and description for each product that will be displayed on Facebook only. You can do it with special product attributes. That way, the name and/or description of the product on Facebook will be different from the name and/or description of the same product in your store online store. For example, you have an item in your store that is called Chemex. You can change its name for your Facebook shop to Chemex - Classic Series - 8-Cup so it helps customers discover your items and make well-informed purchase decisions.
To create a different name and description for a product on Facebook:
- From your store admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Select the product you want to change and click Edit Product.
- Click the Attributes tab, then click Manage attributes:
- Click +Add New to create a new empty field for the attribute. In the empty attribute field, enter FB Shop Product Name to create a specific name. Create a new empty field and enter FB Shop Description to create a unique description.
- Click Save.
- Go back to Catalog → Products and select the product you created new attributes for.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- Fill in the Value field with the name and description you want to appear on Facebook for this product:
- Click Save.
That’s it. Now the product will have the name and description you specified in the attributes. The changes may not appear immediately on your Facebook page. In that case, go to Facebook and click Force catalog sync. The product parameters will be updated.
Product listings on Facebook have certain peculiarities. Here is how it works with store:
- Products marked as Enabled in your store will automatically show up in your Facebook Shop page.
- Products marked as Enabled that are assigned to a disabled category will not be sent to your Facebook Shop.
- Products marked as Disabled will not be sent to Facebook.
- Products marked as Enabled that are featured on the Store Front page will be uploaded to the Featured Products section on Facebook.
- Out of stock products that you set to be hidden from storefront will not be sent to Facebook.
- Products on Facebook Shop are organized into collections, which are similar to categories in your online store. Collections are top-level only. Products from your subcategories will be grouped under the top-level collection in your Facebook Shop.
- For the US shops, collection is automatically created for each of your top-level categories in your online store when you connect your store. Your customers can also buy several items at once. If your store is located outside the United States, then you can create collections for Facebook using your available products in your Facebook Commerce Manager.
- New custom collections cannot be created, and existing collections cannot be edited on Facebook.
- To hide/show a collection or sort the products within it, enable/disable the store category or sort the products within the category.
If you do not want to sell some products from your online store on Facebook, you can manually hide them in Facebook catalog settings.
To deactivate a product in a Facebook catalog:
- Go to your Facebook Business Suite.
- In the left menu, click Commerce.
- Select Catalog → Items.
- Tick products you want to hide from your catalog on Facebook and click Edit item in the right hand side of the screen, then Archive:
Products that you archived will be hidden from your Facebook catalog. They will still remain available in your online store.
Once your catalog is uploaded to your Facebook Shop, store will automatically sync your catalog to ensure that your pricing and inventory are always up-to-date. If you make any changes to product details in your store admin (e.g., edit product’s image, title, or price), these products are immediately updated on your Facebook page.
Sometimes Facebook can reject your product in case it doesn’t comply with Facebook Advertising Policies or Commerce Policies. You can request a second review if you believe an item was incorrectly rejected.
To appeal for rejected products:
- From your store admin, go to Facebook.
- Click Manage Facebook Products.
- Click Get an appeal for rejected products:
- You will be redirected to the Facebook page. Enter feedback if you want to and select Submit.
You can also go directly on Facebook and appeal the decision.
Your item now displays as in review. Reviews typically take up to a few days, but sometimes they take longer. You can check back in the product details page on Facebook Commerce Manager or from the Facebook page in your store admin. You will see the status of your products: